- Main Menu
- Social Media
- Footer Primary
- Footer Secondary
- Footer Tertiary
- Top Links
All menus can be managed by going to the menus overview page (admin/structure/menu).
Within a specific menu you can perform actions on individual menu link items. The 'Add Link' button up at the top is the preferred way to create external links that need to be part of the menu.
Additionally, you can create "nolink" menu items. For the link value type
<nolink>. These are menu items that aren't links themselves but serve as a non-clickable drop down element for a group of children pages. This can be useful when your parent menu item doesn't not have much content itself but is needed for content organization and navigation.
It is recommended to create menu links for content within your site by configuring the menu settings within that content’s edit form. This is located in the Advanced section.
Once menu items are created, many users find it easier to reorder menu items within the menu overview page instead of during the content creation process. With the right permissions, for each existing menu item you can:
- EDIT - Change the menu link name or the path.
- SHOW AS EXPANDED - Found under Edit, this will make any children of a menu link appear in a dropdown menu below the parent menu link. Note: this option works for the main navigation menu only.
- DELETE - This will delete the menu link. Not the content.
- ENABLE/DISABLE - This will show/hide the menu link in the given menu.
- REORDER - You can change the order of menu items within the given menu.
Social Media Menu
Within this menu is an icon picker. Clicking on the FontAwesome Icon bar will open a large selection of icons to pick from.
By default, the footer menus only display in the footer and only display the first-level item.
By default, the top links are restricted to just two menu items and it mean to replace the former UIowa Bar navigation links.
Breadcrumbs are based off menu placement. If no menu item, it will be based off URL path and uses the content titles of the parent items as the breadcrumb labels.